BLACK DOG Solutions
Registered number: 09267658
BLACK DOG Solitions Limited takes the privacy of its customers very seriously and adheres to all aspects of General Data Protection Regulation.
- We never sell, rent, or share your details without your consent
- We only hold your ‘personal’ data when you provide it to us, e.g. when you donate, register to take part in an event or challenge, etc.
- You can visit our website without revealing identifying details such as your name or email address however your IP address will be recorded according to our Cookies policy.
The data that we do hold is relative to your relationship with us. It will only include personal information if you have voluntarily provided that to us (for instance, a contact method such as home address, phone number and/or email).
By visiting our website, using our services or participating in our activities, you agree to your personal information being collected and used in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice as updated from time to time. When updated, should there be any material changes and/or changes that could negatively impact you we will make reasonable efforts to notify you in advance and give a reasonable period of time for you to object to such changes.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or our practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer, BLACK DOG Solutions Limited, Suite 9 Newspaper House, Tannery Lane, Penketh, Warrington, WA5 2UD. This Policy explains the privacy and the data protection practices about:
- BLACK DOG Solutions Limited
- Why we collect your data
- What personal information is collected
- How we use your information
- What information we disclose to other parties
- How long we store your data
- For our beneficiaries
- How you are in control
- Where we store your data
- Online security
- Links to other websites
- Changes to this Policy
Why we collect your data
We determine that in you providing your personal data to that you can access our services. We will therefore process your data according to the way in which we have received your information as follows: –
- When you submit your personal information to us either via our website we will store that data in our database. We do this to enable us to maintain any preferences you have for receiving information from us and to ensure we suppress your contact when you have requested us to do so.
- If you undertake courses with us then we will use your personal data to fulfil our legal requirements in administering those relationships.
What personal data is collected?
We collect the following types of information:
Personal Information such as: name, postal address, telephone number, email address, card or bank details, etc. This is taken from the information you voluntarily submit via registration forms, correspondence and phone calls, donations.
Non-personal information such as: which web pages you visit, IP addresses, social media used, etc. This is captured using Cookies (see below for more information). Also within this area are any preferences that you may have informed us of, such as how you want to hear from us.
Other information such as information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers). We will notify you, in advance, where possible when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
How we use your information
BLACK DOG Solutions Limited will process your data to administer the following items:
- Help deal with your enquiry, request or application
- Process your purchase
- Provide further information about our services
- Seek your ideas and feedback, via research or surveys
- Register and administer your course participation
- Detect and prevent fraud by verifying identities and enabling technical improvements
- Provide a more personalised service, such as using your details, interests and behaviours to customise communications we may send you or the web pages you see
- Provide it to a professional body if required by law or to comply with a legal process to register you with our web site and to administer our web site services for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme
- Notify you about changes to our Service
We will seek further explicit agreement from you to process your data for the following:
- Provide further information about services by email, phone or text
- Where we take photographs of you we will seek your consent to take and store these photographs as well as seeking your consent if we use them on our website or any published types of media
What information we disclose to other parties
We never sell, rent or share your details with other charities or companies for marketing purposes.
The only time your information is shared with other organisations is:
- Where you have given your permission for us to do so
- With a small number of trusted partners who are employed as our service providers or agents and contractually bound to use your information strictly for the performance of a particular service only (e.g. those who securely process payments, deliver goods, host the website, etc.). These trusted partners are also required to comply with data protection legislation.
- When we are obliged to do so by law such as sending your information to be checked against the Telephone Preference Service, or if contacted by the authorities with a reasonable request for information.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Its in your hands
We will send you information about BLACK DOG Solutions Limited according to any preferences you submitted: by phone, post or email. You can alter your preferences by emailing email@example.com.
Please note, if you ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will retain your details on our suppression list to ensure we do not accidentally contact you in the future. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You are in control of the data we hold about you and at any time you can request:
- to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected
- to restrict the data held about you
- to have a copy of the personal data held about you
- to have your data deleted
You can make a request for any of the above by writing to Data Protection Officer, BLACK DOG Solutions Limited – Newspaper House, Tannery Lane, Penketh, Warrington, WA5 2UD. Whilst we will endeavour to adhere to your wishes we may not be able to delete your data if there is a legal obligation to retain it, this includes where financial data must be retained for seven years or where data must be retained to enable us to defend our legal rights. We will inform you of the basis of any such decision not to delete your data as appropriate.
If you are unhappy about how your personal data is managed you can raise a concern or complaint with the Information Commissioner, telephone: 0303 123 1113 website: www.ico.org.uk
We may request proof of identity to be able to fulfil your request.
How long we hold your information for
We will keep your data in our active database for three years after your last activity. We will then archive and retain your data for a further seven years so that, if you re-connect with us, we will know which services you have used historically. After this time, your data is deleted.
If you want us to stop holding your data at any time you can contact us and request that we stop processing your data. (See the section entitled ‘It’s in your hands).
Where we store your data
We make every effort to securely store any data. All BLACK DOG Solutions Limited data is kept within the EU and our storage of it adheres to the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation, which will apply from 25 May 2018.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
No transmission via the internet is wholly secure, so we urge you to safeguard your data by protecting your computer with anti-virus software and ensuring your data is being transmitted securely. Any information you choose to send to us is carried out at your own risk.
We do not retain credit card or banking details on our web servers. Instead, we transfer them to a secure banking database for the purpose of collecting and recording payments. We also encrypt payment pages using SSL.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Link to other websites
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such privacy policies. Please check the relevant policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this policy
BLACK DOG Solutions Limited reserves the right to modify its website and/or this Privacy & Security Policy at any time.
It was last updated September 2018.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. A cookie often contains a unique number which can be used to recognise your device, when a user of this device returns to a website that it has visited before.
The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work at its best. For example, we use ‘user-input cookies’ for the duration of a browsing session (a single visit to our site) to keep track of a user’s input when filling in forms that span several pages, so you can navigate between the pages and not have to re-enter data. We promise we will not use these cookies to collect personal information about you.
We also use functional cookies to remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, like your username, language, or the region you are in. This means we can tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences. The functional cookies we use include:
- User-centric security cookies to recognise repeated failed login attempts or authentication abuses in a limited time period. These cookies are here to help keep our website more secure.
- Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration to ensure that the site operates effectively when there is increased traffic.
- User interface customization persistent cookies are used to recognise your computer when it revisits our site and remembers your preferences when you browse our sites. These are used when you access our services, like our portal and shop web pages.
- Targeting cookies are used on our website to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalized service in the future. These cookies remember that you visited our website and we may share this information with third-parties, such as advertisers. Although these cookies can track your visits to our website and other sites, they typically cannot personally identify you. Without these cookies, the advertisements that you see may be less relevant and interesting to you.
- Social plug-in tracking cookies are used by many social networks, like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter etc. We integrate these modules into our website to help provide services to you that you have explicitly requested when you log in/interact with these social networks. These cookies are used for things like advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
Performance cookies are used to help us improve your website experience and collect information about how you use our website and how often. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and do not gather any information that can personally identify you. The performance cookies we use include:
- First party analytics cookies– We use these cookies to learn how our website is performing and make relevant improvements to improve your browsing experience. For example, we use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our website and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing.
- We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers to help measure how you interact with our website content. These cookies remember what you have done on previous pages and how you’ve interacted with our website. More information on Google Analytics can be found here: Google’s information page. Or if you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, see below.
How you are in control of Cookies
We recommend that you leave cookies turned on.
How long will cookies remain on my computer or mobile device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 90 days and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the section below on how to control cookies and for more information on removing them before they expire.
Our websites may feature embedded ‘share’ buttons to enable users to easily share articles with their friends through a number of popular social networks. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. We do not control these cookies so you should check the third party website for more information.
How to control cookies?
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of customized ads by visiting: Ads Preference Manager
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
If you use our website without opting out, it means that you understand and agree to data collection for marketing ads to you.
Data Protection Regulator
The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0844 880 4991 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org